View Single Post
Old November 23, 2009, 09:06 PM   #6
dyl

wow. Hadn't thought of those possibilities. Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Looks like my next project

-- whoops, on another post I didn't know I could just edit it and not re-post. Sorry everyone!
--I now think the firing pin spring might be okay but the firing pin itself might be broken since there is still some resistance when I depress the back of the firing pin (where the hammer strikes). Also I can feel the firing pin rubbing against the firing pin safety plunger when I depress it. When I press the rear of the firing pin inward (simulating hammer strike) while depressing the safety plunger, (allowing it to travel as far as it will go) at the very end of the stroke the firing pin is forced out into the chamber. But when I let go the main body of the firing pin does appear to travel rear-ward, but the tip of the firing pin doesn't retract and stays in the chamber. So my guess is the firing pin got severed somewhere along the way. Frustrating since I'm having a hard time taking it apart to see. Maybe it's time to give it to a smith try...

Last edited by dyl; November 24, 2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: update

Page generated in 0.03430 seconds with 8 queries