View Single Post
Old November 11, 2008, 11:41 AM   #45
maxkimber

"And just as some now carry chamber loaded, some still mandate chamber empty. Doesn't seem to matter much, which is my point."

The ones that mandate an empty chamber are lead by old-school leaders who haven't educated themselves on the new weapons - ignorance is not bliss. Example, I have seen a law enforcement unit that only carried 7 round in their 15 round magazines and no round in their chamber - what do you think they carried? They carried the M-9. There is no logical explanation for carrying only 7 rounds in their magazines and no reason to not have a round in the chamber??? The answer is the leadership used to carry the old .45, and that was how it was done in the old days...so that is how it is still done - ignorance.

I agree, if you carry an older gun, with no internal safeties, do not carry it with a round in the chamber (although die-hards will still argue this point - I do too, but would not condone/recommend it for others)

"Some guns the safety is hard to get too or to operate for some people."
- Then they shouldn't be carrying that weapon or they need effective training.

"Either method works fine for virtually all non-LE situations"
- I respectfully disagree. Read some other 8 pages on the link I posted about "Time to Rack a Round."

I mean not disrespect, just defending my point. If you desire to carry a gun with no round chambered - go for it. But seriously ask yourself why? Look at the polling numbers on this thread...

Page generated in 0.02729 seconds with 8 queries