View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Aguila Blanca
Staff

A real downer of a day

I'm currently on an assignment working out of the field office of a large construction site. This afternoon I was chatting with one of the engineers about reloading supplies (the lack thereof) when in walked his office mate, who is (like me) an older dude and a fellow Vietnam combat veteran. (Disclaimer: He's a Marine, I was just Army.) The other guy immediately launched into a diatribe about how nobody needs high capacity magazines, he's a hunter and he's killed people in Vietnam and anybody who needs more than two shots doesn't have any business carrying a gun, yada yada.

I was stunned. I heard the same garbage (and more) from the supervising engineer two weeks ago, but he's NOT a veteran and he's a hopeless liberal in every way imaginable. I have never heard a fellow Vietnam veteran spout this kind of nonsense. With friends like this, who needs enemies?

Then I arrived at home, opened my personal e-mail, and found a message from one of my U.S. senators (both of whom I have written multiple times to ask them NOT to vote for any new gun control laws), asking me to sign his petition in support of a stronger AWB, magazine capacity limits, universal background checks, the whole litany the gun grabbers' agenda.

If I were a drinking man, I'd be drunk by now. As it is, I think I'll just go to bed and pull the blankets over my head.

Page generated in 0.03235 seconds with 8 queries