Thread: Casting bullets
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2010, 04:36 AM   #1
Plaz

Casting bullets

I am about to start casting my own bullets for the first time. I intend to buy 6 cavity Lee molds. I will need molds for 9 MM luger, 45 ACP and 44 Remington Mag.

I have plenty of W231 powder and large pistol primers on hand and would like to not have to buy any more powders or primers unless absolutely necessary and highly recommended.

I intend to use a Lee sizing system. I hear a lot about using Alox tumbling as a lube and that it is very messy. Would pan lubing be a cleaner and a better way to lube the bullets?

In keeping with the above I sure would like to get some recommendations for bullet molds:

- In view of my above limitations what would be the best bullet mold configurations to buy? I seem to favor the 200 grain flat nose configuration for both the 45 ACP and 44 Remington mag bullets ?

- I can't find a 6 cavity mold for the 9 MM luger so I have been thinking of using the 2 cavity 120 grain truncated cone mold. I am not crazy about this mold. Can you folks come up with something better? I am not sure there is anything else.

Page generated in 0.02514 seconds with 8 queries