View Single Post
Old July 20, 2009, 06:22 AM   #19
sakeneko

My first reaction to this post was, "Huh?" I can't imagine leaving a weapon, especially a loaded weapon, unwatched in a locked car regardless of permit status -- guns are worse theft magnets than laptop computers! But I live in a state where carry is legal most places, even in banks or restaurants that serve alcohol, so I'm rarely in a situation where I can't legally carry.

If I am going somewhere where I can't carry, I either leave the gun with my husband at home or, if he won't be home, lock it up somewhere safe. When I travel to California for work, for example, open carry is either illegal or inadvisable most places where I go and so I don't take the gun with me. When we both are traveling in California, we lock all of our guns up, not at home, but in a storage facility that has secure storage for guns. While the guns are insured, neither of us is willing to risk having them stolen and used for crime.

Unless I am going somewhere where carry is illegal, though, I carry it with me. That's what it is for.

Page generated in 0.02697 seconds with 8 queries