View Single Post
Old January 26, 2006, 11:53 PM   #7
Slateman

Hmmm . . . that would be intersting . . .

Before I propose this, I just want to say that I do have some idea of what I'm talking about. I own a couple, rather expensive paintball guns. I've played on tourneys and reffed them as well. So I have SOME idea of what I'm talking about.

A paintball gun's trigger is designed for maximum rate of fire. Things have slightly changed with the advent of solinoids, magnets, and switches. They moved to a double finger trigger to help with ROF. You alternate taping the top part with one finger and the bottom with another. This is called "walking the trigger". It is designed for the rapid fire needed to "shoot lanes" and compensate for the fact that paintball guns are not very accurate (round ball exiting a smoothbore pipe at less than 300 fps = not accurate)

I don't think that the military would want this option. Why bother when they can convert the gun to full auto?

Now, what it would be great for is single shots! Think about how much accuracy is determined by trigger control. No more 3.5 or 6lb trigger pulls. Now the trigger pull is a mouse click Would definitely increase accuracy.

Unfortunately, electronic triggers mean batteries. Batteries die. Most electronic paintball guns run off a 9v (Some angels have their own rechargeable :barf: ). You guys have no idea how aggrevating it is to have a battery die in the middle of a game. Any gun that has an electronic grip would have to have a mechanical backup.

I don't know about the whole "remote disable" Frankly, that could end up being a rather large addition to a gun. Furthermore, like I said before, users would insist on a mechanical backup to the electronics. So you'd need something that would not only turn off the gun, but lock it up as well.

Page generated in 0.03313 seconds with 8 queries