View Single Post
Old February 25, 2013, 07:46 PM   #11
5R milspec

I cannot say anything about pressure,but will add something.Back in the day when dad only loaded for a 20ga,I found that they make them different size's.I was loading some Remington 20ga ( old Peters high brass ) and didn't know about the difference YET,so I choose the CCI 209 primers.Well at first I could not feel a difference,then my dad said to me,make sure you use a Remington primer.I stopped and asked why,well he went on to telling me that he found out that the CCI brand was larger in OD.I went on to say that I had choose to use CCI and not Remington,and had 50 or so loaded up.He then went on to telling me that I had to mark the hulls with a marker,because now they will only take a CCI primer.Soon after I did a little test to see what was up,so I deprimered one after primming one with a CCI ( old Peter ) ,then I tried a Remington primer to see what would happen.Well I couldn't get that sucker to stay in,dad was right as always.Found out later he had done the same sometime before me,but it took a long time for him to fess up.Even to this day we still have some of those old hulls with a red mark on the side of the hull.

Sorry for my story but I had to share,as soon as I read the post the story came to mind.Plus a new guy might learn something from it.

Page generated in 0.06331 seconds with 8 queries