View Single Post
Old November 11, 2013, 08:20 AM   #3
Doc Hoy

I recently bought...

A revolver made in Belgium. (Cowboy Ranger) around the turn of the last century.

It is based very heavily on the Model 1877. The caliber is .38 and so I would say it is kind-of between Lightning and Thunderer. In fact the opinion of many is that it was deliberately patterned after the 1877 as a marketing ploy. It was made by the same company which made revolvers to the 1860 Colt spec as licensed by Colt. (FAUL)

A notable feature of this revolver is that it has a grip like a Peacemaker rather than a Birds head shaped grip. From the limited reading I have done, it appears that all such revolvers had the larger grip in spite of the fact that Colts 1877 (AFAIK) all had birds head grips.

I am having a tough time finding ammunition for the revolver so I have only run fifty poorly fitting rounds through it. It is deadly accurate in SA mode, reliable and high in quality.

The point of this post is that in DA mode, I can't hit anything with it. I am not even sure the rounds ever hit the ground. Maybe different grips would change the situation.

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries