View Single Post
Old September 2, 2013, 03:51 PM   #64
daddyo

Quote:
That goes against everything I have ever been taught and seems like the perfect recipe for a negligent discharge. Not sure who taught you this, but it is very unsafe.
If my intent is to open fire on the object I am drawing on, its not a ND its a miss. Don't remember who taught it or how I began using the method but it is effective and to date there have been no premature discharges either in practice or competition.

Quote:
And that is why your friend negligently and prematurely put a round into the ground instead of on target. That right there should have been the first inclination that it is poor practice to do so.
The poor practice is to carry a firearm that you are not extensively trained in its use and who's trigger pull and weight is not what your subconscious will apply in a life or death struggle.

My friend was facing a man with a gun. A man who was spinning around in an appearent attempt to level his gun on him. You don't think 10'ths matter, try a one on one with an armed gunman. You will do alot at the subconscious level, autopilot so to speak. This means that the ability you have with 7 different guns will likely disappear under life and death pressures. As your subconscious kicks in to keep you breathing, it will revert to what it knows the best. Thats what happened to my friend. I have no reason to believe that you or I will be special and not have this happen to us as well.

Page generated in 0.03691 seconds with 8 queries