View Single Post
Old March 2, 2013, 11:08 AM   #20
RC20

I used to re-load in a 10 ft trailer! It had an open closet and I mounted the press on the lower shelf, tight but I made it work. For 30-06 you need a solid bench as the effort is a lot. I would think you can come up with something. I hate to think of hand pressing 30-06 (pistol maybe when I was younger and my hands did not hurt)

A low cost digital scale is going to be very important, 30-06 uses a lot of powder and any dip measurement error is going to add up.

One caveat on the low cost digitalis (Franforth etc). Keep a very close eye on not the zero, but the Tare!

In other words, note what the measuring container weighs (I don't use the one that came with it as I have a couple of nice old brass ones that are smoother than the aluminum thing they supply (and its low cost so....)

Anyway, my pan weighs something like 145.5 g. Put it on and tare it and you should have zero. Pull it off and it should read 145.5 each and every time.

The cheap digital stuff drifts off, pull it off and it will read 145.4, then .3 etc and keep drifting unless you correct. Each time it goes off a tenth, tare it again. It does not show up on the zero but it does affect the charge.

If I can find one that I can use the trickler the way I want I will get a better one, for now this is fine for fast accurate weigh (and once in a while I cross check to the beam scale)

Page generated in 0.02492 seconds with 8 queries