View Single Post
Old July 11, 2012, 02:18 AM   #73
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
with all due respect double naught spy, there has been a Tremendous amount of speculation on this thread (as pointed out by you in your last post directly above). It is possible this death occurred via an average (give or take) hug. Anyways, that's where I am putting my money so it will be interesting to see when & if a follow-up story is posted on this thread.
While there may be speculation here, I haven't seen any statements from the police or from actual witnesses that it was just a simple or average hug. They have all indicated multiple activities going on at the time of the stated hug. So while folks might speculate that the hug was simple or average hug, that would be speculation not based on the information reported.

AB noted the comment by Miller's mother ...
Quote:
McNair said she was told by witnesses at the hospital that her daughter and Parrish were side by side and she got a birthday hug from Parrish when the gun went off. Miller, who would have been 25 on Monday, was celebrating her birthday over the weekend and went to the party with two friends, relatives said. The Free Press has been unable to reach her friends for comment.
This version is interesting as it contradicts what has been indicated previously by the cops' statements and from the few witnesses various news souces of have cited. As Miller was apparently unknown by the officer and apparently arrived with friends to the party, I wonder just what witnesses from the party would go to the hospital. So far, the only people indicated to have known Miller prior to the party are those with whom she came. So the likely witnesses Miller's mother is talking about are probably Miller's friends. If that is the case, you have wonder why they are complaining to the media about the accuracy of what the police are saying.

Even more interesting is that Miller's mother did not originally report what she later said was told to her by witnesses at the hospital.

Quote:
It bugs me that reporters are so ignorant of firearms, they don't educate themselves and they just continue reporting any idiotic drivel that anyone says.
Okay, what has been said about the gun that you consider ludacris? The supporting examples you game are situational issues, not technology. That the reporters are not firearms experts should not be a surprise and really should not bother you too much. By and large, reporters usually are not experts about all the parameters in the stories they report.

When US Airways flight 1549 ditched into the Hudson River, I don't think a single reporter reporting the story was an expert in passenger air flight, Airbus 320s, ditching, air crash investigation, the Hudson River, or geese.
So if reporters should not report that which is being told to them about situations for which they were not present, then what is it that they should be reporting?

Speaking of which, did you find the IWB holster designed to carry guns with the muzzle pointed back and up that you mentioned? I can't find any.

Quote:
Instead of reporting it as "Officer claims hug triggers gun, kills woman." they report: "Hug Triggers Officer's Gun, Kills Woman"
Well, that is what they were told at one point. Are you suggesting that they should alter the information they were given?

I understand that you think the article title is ludacris, but whether the reporters were experts on firearms would change nothing about the title as the title and your suggested alternate title have nothing specifically wrong in terms of firearms information.

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; July 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.04933 seconds with 8 queries