View Single Post
Old October 27, 2008, 07:06 PM   #24
King Ghidora

I've shot a couple of hundred rounds of Core Lokt 30.06 since I bought my rifle and I've had exactly one dud. I've had other brands of stuff be much worse in fact. I think my Savage might be hitting a little light on the primers too. I've had several duds from other brands but they have all fired on the second tap. Core Lokt has been the most consistent I've used so far. And it's also been the most consistently accurate. But then again I haven't bought any target ammo or the like. I can shoot one hole groups at 40 yards with Core Lokt in my Savage and MOA at 100 yards when I do my part. That certainly isn't true with other ammo I've tried. My only problem is getting in enough practice or rather getting enough cash together to practice as much as I should. I've got a lot of other breeches to feed.

I wouldn't buy a brick of Remington .22's again but I like their Core Lokt stuff. I have no problems with it. I also like their 12 ga. ammo. I've had all kinds of problems with Federal 12 ga. shells. The brass just isn't right on the Federal 12 ga. stuff I've been shooting or at least it doesn't want to work in my 870 at all. Every round I fire in it gets stuck and must be pushed out with a rod. I know my shotgun has a problem with it because I can shoot shells from the same box in my other 12 ga. (at least I could before I sold it) and not have a problem. I have 6 boxes of Federal 00 buck and two boxes of Hi-Brass that are almost full that I'm going to trade to a friend that owns a gun shop for some Winchester 00 buck.

All guns have ammo they like and ammo they don't like. Sometimes it's a surprise what it is that doesn't work well. Federal is supposed to make some really good 00 buck and it worked great in my other 12 but it won't work right at all in my 870. Go figure.

Page generated in 0.03373 seconds with 8 queries