View Single Post
Old June 18, 2009, 07:57 PM   #294
easyG

Quote:
easyG, I am trying to understand how you came to this mindset. Granted, your state has different laws than mine, obviously, thats why your opinion is such a good basis for debate.

May I ask how old you are?

Quote:
Have you lived in NC your whole life?
No.

Quote:
If you moved to a place that had different laws, would it be difficult to change your mindset?
No.

Quote:
Was it you or someone else in this thread that asked why some are trying to treat criminals like they should be protected? In any case, what reason would you say that a person like myself has for not believing that everyone committing a felony should be killed?
Probably for the same reasons that I have....
Human life is precious and I place great value upon it.
And not all crimes should be answered with a slug to the head.

Some folks read something and see what they want to see, or perhaps they just misread the statement altogether.
I never said that anyone committing a felony should be killed.

I said this:
Quote:
I believe that those who invade another's home, even just to steal, deserve to be killed (yes, I said it....killed.)
And this:
Quote:
Society is better off without those who break in the homes of others, and those who steal from others, and those who threaten the lives of others.
And this is really how I feel....
When a person chooses to break in to another man's home, then as far as I'm concerned, he has also chosen to throw his life away.

But no, I don't think that every felon should be killed.
Mail fraud is a felony, but I certainly wouldn't kill someone for mail fraud.

Quote:
EasyG
Tell me, does NC have a high amount of police shootings of suspects?
More than some states, less than others I suppose.

Quote:
I would think that the standard that law enforcement are held to in regards to the use of deadly force would be a good outline for everyone else to start with.
I disagree.
It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited by easyG; June 18, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Page generated in 0.03842 seconds with 8 queries