View Single Post
Old January 15, 2012, 12:18 AM   #16
Doc Intrepid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peetzakilla
"What I can't quite wrap my head around is how these people manage to be taken seriously.

Obviously, there have always been and always will be people with illogical, asinine ideas but it would seem to me that they would be naturally kept in check when people who don't have such idiotic ideas refuse to put them in places of influence or power or when other people realize how ignorant those ideas are and refuse to listen to them..."
I can certainly accept that they have the right to hold opinions along the line of "self defense is morally wrong". What I can't fathom is their utter conviction that, while their opinions are clearly a minority perspective, they somehow have the right to demand that the rest of US society live by them.

Massachusetts is (and has been for some time) a state where the inmates are in charge of the asylum.

What I'm concerned about is what the fellow who runs that state would do if he had the opportunity to run the country. Imagine the nation with those same sorts of views imposed on it.....

Last edited by Doc Intrepid; January 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.02583 seconds with 8 queries