View Single Post
Old November 11, 2011, 06:09 PM   #146
Asgardnz

Hi Bill. I've just been on the phone to Kevin and we discussed doing an article. I used to be a photographer years ago. So I will photograph his, and mine(if I got the one at auction) and I will go and see Brian and talk to him about an interview. Kevin reminded me these rifles were originally built for a TV series called Greenstone. I had forgotten about that series- I was an extra on that playing the part of a soldier. Kevin said he was the one who had rifles converted to take 38 cases to make the rifles quicker to reload on set. He wanted to use .44 cases for a bigger powder load and thus bigger flash, but Brian thought that the chamber walls would be too thin. Kevin has been talking to another mutual friend called "Chopper", who supplies firearms for film work about improvements that could be done to the actions to make them smoother. Kevin recalls that the barrels are all smooth bore, but that Brian did make at least one spare rifled barrel. I'll check with Brian on that. I'll try to see Brian during the week.

Page generated in 0.02110 seconds with 8 queries