View Single Post
Old September 22, 2011, 11:50 PM   #131
Bill Akins

Quote:
Jo6pak wrote:
@Bill. A co-worker is considering this gas-block for a PSL build. That's how I knew about it. If he orders it soon, I can get a look at it, and see how it functions. As soon as he mentioned it, I immediately thought of this project
Thanks Jo. Yes please let us know how it operates after you look at it.

You know as soon as Akumabito showed his concept rendering of a adjustable gas pressure relief valve, I immediately thought of a similar type of pressure relief valve that is on my air compressor. That when too much pressure in the compressor's air tank is present, it automatically opens to vent pressure from the tank so it won't over pressurize. But that valve in my air tank is set to just one pressure rating and is not adjustable.

What would be great to find is, an off the self (so it doesn't have to be fabricated) adjustable pressure relief valve that is about 1/2 inch or smaller in diameter so that it could screw into the front of the gas tube where the gas tube meets the gas port hole coming from the gas trap. So the valve could be easily unscrewed from the gas tube assembly for cleaning. I thought about looking into an adjustable air pressure valve, but it would be best to have one that didn't use O rings that could be damaged by the heat or pressure of hot gas blowing by and by not having O rings would not collect as much fouling which could build up around O rings. The best would be to have one that was all brass or steel with no rubber O rings.

But since a lot of air compressor valves do use O rings and sometimes even cone shaped rubber ends on their valves (like mine does), I have to look for one that doesn't. Or perhaps look for a STEAM pressure relief valve, that is already made to take high heat, that would either have no O rings, or have high temperature O rings. And again, it has to be the correct diameter to screw into the frontal area of the gas tube. I think that would do the same thing as Akumabito's concept, but be an off the self item ready to utilize and make fabricating this system much easier. Akumabito's idea is a really good one and I'm going to start a hunt for the right kind of adjustable off the shelf valve. But if one doesn't exist exactly like is needed, I may have to make one.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Page generated in 0.02779 seconds with 8 queries