View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 03:05 AM   #1
GunXpatriot

Minimal Reloading setup?

So I'm looking to get into reloading. I don't shoot box after box, but I shoot enough to know (through a little research) that I can save a fair amount of money. That... And I'll soon have to go through a background check every time I buy ammo in the store... Since reloading supplies aren't considered ammunition, I guess I can load round upon round to my heart's content.

So I live in an apartment. No bench is available and there is no space to put one, or to mount a regular single stage press. I'll have to use a hand press. I can live with that. The Lee Breach Lock Hand Press Kit seems to be pretty good from what I've seen. A little slower than a mounted press, but I've got a decent amount of spare time, so this is no problem at all.

What I'm really looking for is the most minimalistic *ahem* cheapest setup I can get. I will be reloading mostly .30-06.

So if I were to ask you what is the absolute minimum one would need Besides a Press, Dies, Lyman manual (I'll likely pick up a Hornady as well).

The real thing things that I want to make sure of are all the miscellaneous little tools that you'd need. For example, I see everyone trimming cases with a drill and the case trimming tool. Can this be done by hand? I don't have a drill (available) and of course, this adds cost to the setup.

I probably won't actually order any reloading components, at least until I get the Lyman's manual. Also, I'm getting all this stuff off of MidwayUSA. Would there be a better place to get these items? Thanks, any help would be appreciated, A LOT!

Page generated in 0.03076 seconds with 8 queries