View Single Post
Old September 10, 2012, 05:17 AM   #45
shortwave

Personally, I just don't considered the "Texas heart shot" when deer hunting but have heard guys say they would take the shot if presented in the right circumstances.

It's to risky of a shot on hitting vitals. The deer may die but will die a cruel death. Too, the huge chance of tearing up hams doesn't work for me as there's just to much meat wasted.

As we all have probably have been around when a gut shot deer is being field dressed,it's not pleasant. Sadly, over the years I've had a few.

Our deer gun hunting group consists of mostly seasoned hunters. Gut shoot a deer and most likely you won't get a hand field dressing that deer. Kinda the price the shooter pays for making a bad shot.

The shooter gets to enjoy ALL that aroma by their lonesome while the guys stand upwind laughing/talking trash about 'making better hits on deer', 'you should practice shooting more' etc.... and, you can bet there will be a story or three about prior gut shot deer where so and so gut shot a deer and puked the whole time they where dressing it.

This kind of cuttin up while the unfortunate shooter is field dressing his gut shot deer kinda adds pressure to all us hunters before we pull the trigger. You gut shoot one and you know what you'll be facing.

Page generated in 0.03495 seconds with 8 queries