View Single Post
Old November 6, 2006, 01:41 PM   #5
Bill T

This is my CZ 527 LUX in .223. I topped it with a Leupold Vari-X II 3-9X 40 MM in CZ Steel Rings. It's an OK performer but the rifle is a little too petite for my liking. The magazines feed poorly and scratch the cases badly, (common for CZ's in this caliber). Also, the magazines are way overpriced. All the magazines I have for the gun, (3), are all steel but I'm told the newer magazines are plastic. To be honest my wifes 3 Bushmaster AR-15's will shoot rings around it. The sling swivels are really cheap and not removeable. I wish they had just installed studs like every other maker. I just don't see what all the hooplah is about CZ. I will say the rifle is 100% blued steel and Walnut which is nice considering a lot of manufacturers are going to plastic and Aluminum. I gave the thing to my wife and she enjoys playing with it while her AR's cool down. I wouldn't sell it, but that said I doubt I would buy another. I think there are better bolt guns to be had in that caliber. Another thing is I will never get used to pushing triggers foward before pulling them. Bill T.

Page generated in 0.02812 seconds with 8 queries