View Single Post
Old May 7, 2008, 11:56 PM   #25
Ruger4570

Tell you what guys, anyone near me that wants to put some serious money on whether I can get shots off faster with my 390 as opposed to their Mossberg or Rem 870, well, just let me know. I can always use the money from guys that make a lot of mouth noise and little with their guns.
Think about it for a half a ficken second, all I have to do is pull the trigger and the gun cycles instantly almost, no thinking, no pumping. I am sure I can pull an Semi auto trigger faster than you can pull a trigger, pump the gun for 4 inches +/_, return to battery and pull the trigger again. It doesn't make sense, much less be a possibility.
With a gas auto it happens so fast it is barely noticeable. I have several friends that are fast with a pump, I mean REAL fast, but none have ever gotten off rounds faster than I do with my gun, pure and simple.
I know the pump crowd think there is nothing better, faster or more useful than a pump. Even in a HD situation I would prefer a semi auto as in what happens if your pump hand is all of a sudden disabled, with a semi, I could at least keep shooting. And as far as the "reliable" BS,, I have YET to have either my 390 or 1100 ever, I mean EVER fail to function if kept even somewhat cleaned.
I have laid it out for you, bring your pump( and money) and meet me and we will see the reality of the pump/semi debate as to which is truly faster to cycle.

Page generated in 0.03214 seconds with 8 queries