View Single Post
Old May 6, 2006, 02:17 PM   #43
Redworm

Quote:
Your problem is shared by many today who do not believe the authority of the Bible as God?s revealed truth to mankind.
Actually I don't believe it's a problem at all. I certainly respect your right to believe in whatever diety you choose but you should respect the right of others to believe in other dieties or no diety at all.

Quote:
There are moral absolutes. I do not define what is moral. Only God can do that, and He has in his Word. He has given some clear instructions and commands as to what is moral and immoral, and they are absolutes. He does not need either your or my approval as He is sovereign. If you reject that then who or what is to define morality? It is harmful to a society, and all you have to do is to look at things like teen pregnancy, and AIDS to see that.
But what about those of us who don't believe in a god? Who defines morality then? To suggest that those of us who don't share your religious beliefs should be held to the moral standards presented by your diety of choice goes against the very concept of freedom of religion.

Teen pregnancy and AIDS are the result of more issues than simply cohabitation or a rejection of religion. I would venture that conservative parents who refuse to educate their children on the realities of sex at an early enough age are just as responsible.

Quote:
Strange that you would find it a great accomplish to reject God, the Creator of the universe. But you are not alone. Those who do that will stand before Christ at the Great White Throne Judgment, Revelation 20, and spend eternity in Hell. Not much of an accomplishment.
It's because I don't believe in the same things you do. I have never claimed that they're not true but I do feel that our society's quest for knowledge and a rejection of superstition is far more beneficial than rejecting science and simply accepting things on faith.

I appreciate your concern but I don't believe in hell. Unless of course you're refering to Reno.

Quote:
You see you have no understanding of the passage, but use it to deflect one from making judgments that we are commanded to make.
I was raised Roman Catholic, I have a pretty good understanding. The bottom line remains "judge not lest ye be judged". Your god also commands that he is the only one with the authority to judge the actions of others because no one is without sin.

But then again some people don't believe in the concept of sin so it's all gravy anyways.

Quote:
Have a good day,
Jerry
Gracias And may the Force be with you.

Page generated in 0.03553 seconds with 8 queries