Thread: Best Tokarev
View Single Post
Old November 9, 2009, 04:55 AM   #9
BobbyT

The TT would be a great pistol to strip and clean if it weren't for that awful clip on the side. You can depress the button in the barrel bushing and remove that and the spring first if you want, but I always start from the slide stop clip.

Once you push the clip back, you can drop the slide stop out and the slide comes straight forward off the frame. Put your hand under it in case the spring wants to run off, but there really aren't any surprises and you'll immediately see the 1911 similarities. The spring & guide rod come right out, the barrel bushing rotates 180 degrees, and the barrel slides right out with the swinging link down.

It's a very very simple gun. As for cleaning, my non-expert method is as follows:

1. Barrel out, several sprays of Windex, prop up on a paper towel, sit while I take apart my CZ-52.
2. Another spray of Windex, clean patch, patch soaked in Hoppes #9, sit a few more minutes.
3. Quick scrub with nylon brush (very little; since I clean after every session there isn't buildup), Hoppes patch again.
4. Several clean patches, patch soaked in Mobil 1.

I clean the rest of the pistols while I'm letting the Windex / Hoppes sit. I lube the frame rails with Mobil 1 and leave a generous coating inside my barrels when I reassemble them. It's overkill but I'm always wondering if I really got all the salts out. The nice thing about corrosive ammo is you'll never let your gun get any buildup, so there's no real "scrubbing", just wiping clean.

Page generated in 0.02586 seconds with 8 queries