View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 04:21 PM   #26
Bart B.

The following's an example of what happens when I misunderstand what someone says about stuff:

From Snuffy:
Quote:
As Bart B said, dies that are set and locked when you first use them don't need to be re-set when simply screwing them back in a single stage press. That misconception, (myth), gets repeated so much, it has become an accepted fact.
Snuffy thinks my RCBS presses comprising two Rockchuckers, one Junior and one Partner press abilities to not require die adustment when putting one back in's a myth. Pretty bold comment considering he was never around me and my stuff when I did that. Especially when all my many .308 Win. and .30-.338 barrel's chambers were within a .001" spread across their headspace or head-to-shoulder measurement. And the same .300 Win. Mag. die was the only one used for the rifle it was matched to.

I'm the one whose removed full length sizing and bullet seating dies and put them back in with the same shell holder needed for each die and press. The same RCBS competition seating die was used with all rifle cases with shell holders of different heights to compensate for over all cartridge lengths.

That's the way my stuff worked. I knew what I was doing. You, Snuffy, made a bad assumption. 'Twas no myth in my domain. 'Twas reality. I'm not holding this against you but only wanted you to know it was not a myth in my experience.

There's many others that have the same experinece.

If someone can explain why this should not (cannot?) happen considering my stuff, please explain. There's always a chance I don't know what I'm both doing nor talking about. This excludes using the same die for several different chamber dimensions that require it be reset to match them.

Thanks, Snuffy for your comments later. Sorry 'bout all that. Glad to hear your agree with me. Have a nice forever.

Last edited by Bart B.; March 18, 2013 at 07:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.03928 seconds with 8 queries