View Single Post
Old January 18, 2013, 09:51 AM   #24
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
Clearly this will add half a second or so to each aiming process, and that soon adds up in an IPSC stage.
I'll agree that the Glock grip angle is not "natural" for some folks, but you should always be using the sights -- and if such a minor adjustments adds a half-second to your sight alignment process, you really need to be working on your technique -- or find different sights.

A shooter is almost always going to have to make minor sight adjustments when shooting in the IPSC or other "combat" games, as the shooter can't always get his or her feet and torso into the optimal "natural" position before starting. In all of these combat games you will have to bend, stoop, kneel, look around a barricade, or shoot while moving, and in those cases, the "natural" position that all of us love to experience just doesn't present itself or play as big a role as it would on a single first shot, when you can prepare yourself ahead of time. When you are forced to twist and turn, and move, the sights are your guide.

I'm a big CZ fan, and I prefer shooting CZs and clones to other guns, but some of my best IDPA times came while shooting a Glock 34...

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; January 18, 2013 at 09:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries