View Single Post
Old June 24, 2011, 09:32 AM   #1
TwoMutts

M&P9 (not pro) VS XDM 9

The moons and planets have aligned properly and it looks like I can finally get a pistol Originally I was going for a .45 1911, but my wife has decided she would also like to learn to shoot and use it so I am now looking at a 9mm M&P (not pro) and a 9mm XDM. I will be using this mostly for target and I would like to get into some competition shooting like IDPA, etc. Eventually I want to move into bullseye pistol (which I know is another set of guns).

I know the M&P pro has a match grade barrel, but they seem to be hard to find and when I see them they are usually $150+ more then the standard M&P & XDM.

So I am looking for some advice as to whether the match grade barrel in the XDM has any advantage over the standard M&P? A local range has a good deal on the M&P 9MM range and carry kit that is why I am considering it.

Also, for some background. I am a decent shot and right now I help coach my son's precision rifle team (which is where all my firearms budget has been going to lately , so I am not a newbie to the shooting sports. I have also been working (mostly watching and learning) with the team's pistol coach.

Thanks for any advice and comments!

Jeff

Page generated in 0.02355 seconds with 8 queries