View Single Post
Old April 11, 2005, 07:08 PM   #9
Wildalaska

Quote:
Why did you choose the 190SMK at 2400fps?
I was trying to duplicate the Hirtenberger Match load which my swarvoski scope is cammed for (800 meters)...the Hirtenberger load is 190MK at 731MPS so I have achieved that with accuracy

Im not gonna shoot with this one past 600 yards and since my scope is cammed (still refining a bit) hopefully drop difference wont matter..

Coincidently, I havent really played with lighter bullets too much, but so far it seems that the 190s are shooting better than the 168s and the rifle does not seem to like less than 168s, although I can shoot 1.5 inches with 147 grain ball...my rifle did not like LC match ammo at all...for some reason I think that it has to do with the tightness of the cahmber vis a vis the OAL of the round which is limited by the magazine if that makes any sense...

Keep in mind too that this is an obsolete system and just a play toy...like my Swede m41B...if I was into competition or was in a SHTF scenario Id run a Blaser R93 or AW and a Leupold with a load tailored for the rifle.....

WildacademicAlaska

Page generated in 0.03563 seconds with 8 queries