View Single Post
Old April 20, 2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Mello2u

I live about an hour northwest of Atlanta. I have avoided riding MARTA. This news report made me think about what I might have done in that situation. All I can think of is that it would have ended badly. I carry concealed whenever I can. In GA I can legally carry on MARTA.

I would like to think that I would have somehow managed to keep my firearm concealed, given up my wallet and not responded with deadly force. But if I was one of the people who was being beaten by a dozen men, I just don't know whether I would have been able to keep the weapon concealed.

Drawing a weapon as they entered would have been premature.
Waiting until they began beating me would have been too late. This seems like a no-win situation.

What if they had discovered my weapon? I imagine that I would have had little chance to draw and fire in a responsible manner.

The last report I heard on the morning news put the number of attackers at about thirty. This is a mob situation where one armed person has no chance against over-whelming numbers.

I'm not riding MARTA.
" Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.03609 seconds with 8 queries