Thread: .30-06 load
View Single Post
Old January 15, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1
cosnyka

.30-06 load

I have three .30-06 rifles. Two are extremely accurate and one is not. The accurate rifles are a Browning BBR and a Weatherby V with 165 g Nosler Ballistic Tips and H4350. Of course, they are thick, heavy barrels. The third is a 5.5 lb Remington Titanium with a thin, 'whippy' barrel. I want to carry this one when I climb and hike in the mountains; it feels like I'm carrying a BB gun, but I can't get the groupings I want....so....

out of the lighter gun/barrel does anyone have suggestions for: pushing the bullet faster or slower, or using heavier or lighter bullets? Different powder?

I've tried H4350 and 165g BT with charges from 50-59 g of powder with little differences in accuracy. I went down to 150g with no difference.

The BBR is about 9 lbs. with the scope and shoots under 2" groups at 200 yds. But I don't want to hike with it all day. I don't expect the same kind of groups with the lighter rifle, but I'd like to get the most I can, so would like some feedback on what others have found to fly better out of the light barrels.

Page generated in 0.02477 seconds with 8 queries