View Single Post
Old November 16, 2013, 01:34 AM   #56
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyosmith
You do say "the mark up was high across the board". I agree. TOO HIGH! BY FAR!

It’s nothing more than greed and there are apparently enough buyers to support that greed, but I stand by my first post.
We mark up suppressors more than we mark up guns, and we still don't make as much on suppressors. Many shops don't carry or stop carrying suppressors because there's just not as much money in them due to the extra overhead. I even have a friend who just started his own shop and decided not to carry suppressors for that very reason.

Quote:
Cans are not that precise. Barrels are. Cans are not much more precise than muzzle breaks.
Modern cans are very precise and very well-made. Just screw on a Saker's MAAD mount, or take apart an SWR Spectre or Octane, or a Silencerco Sparrow. Or better yet, shoot them next to any of the older, outdated suppressors like the ones from Gemtech. And the materiels the centerfire cans are using (inconel and now hoplon) are very expensive and very hard to work with.

Quote:
I don’t think there is any way to get around this argument.
Your argument is based on made-up numbers and very little experience with suppressors. And none with the newer, cutting-edge ones.

It's not very often I see someone present an argument with such certainly that's based on so little personal experience.

Page generated in 0.02121 seconds with 8 queries