View Single Post
Old March 2, 2014, 08:57 AM   #14
us.marine

Range Report I forgot to post before...

I finally received the David Tubb's Final Finish kit to fire-lap the barrel. Last time I went shooting, the shots were all around the place, because the barrel had not been properly broken-in and the scope is also giving me trouble. Since I don't have the time or money to shoot 250 + rounds to get the barrel properly broken in, a Final Finish kit was the ticket to get it done.

Right after firing the Tubbs ammo, according to the instructions, I cleaned up the barrel really well and proceeded to shoot regular ammo. I had ordered some Hornady Match 168 Gr. HPBT, but since UPS decided to screw my delivery, I had to use a some Australian Outback 165 Gr/Sierra Game King ammo I had laying around. It is very good ammo. The difference in grouping is huge. I shot a .900 in. group right away.

Took the target to the smith shop, and we both concluded that the scope can't hold windage zero, and that is why the group was shot almost in a line, one shot next to the other. The rifle should be more accurate as I keep shooting it, but for now, I am happy with the rifle shooting sub-moa at 100 yards. I have to make a piggy bank to buy me a better long range scope.

Will take it to the range again today to test it with the new muzzle brake and some match ammo.

Only God can judge terrorists. We arrange the meetings... US Marines.

Page generated in 0.03701 seconds with 8 queries