View Single Post
Old July 10, 2012, 01:18 PM   #46
armoredman

Quote:
I don't think she would have been legal displaying a weapon given the three men had not spoken to her.
Well, yes and no. There is a law on AZ books called Defensive Display.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument....13&DocType=ARS

Quote:
A. The defensive display of a firearm by a person against another is justified when and to the extent a reasonable person would believe that physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the use or attempted use of unlawful physical force or deadly physical force...
D. For the purposes of this section, "defensive display of a firearm" includes:
1. Verbally informing another person that the person possesses or has available a firearm.
2. Exposing or displaying a firearm in a manner that a reasonable person would understand was meant to protect the person against another's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force or deadly physical force.
3. Placing the person's hand on a firearm while the firearm is contained in a pocket, purse or other means of containment or transport.
If you are honestly believe that you are about to be attacked, you may display the firearm as outlined above. The "no" part of the answer is that none of the three had made overt moves, but if she had decided to "clear leather", she would have had a legal backing of sorts. Many have interpreted this statute as allowing "low ready" carry, or the famous hold it alongside your leg idea. I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, just mentioning this legal option.

Page generated in 0.02320 seconds with 8 queries