Thread: Mossberg 500
View Single Post
Old January 27, 2010, 12:05 PM   #10
Uncle Ben

I got the Mossberg 500 combo with 18.5" and 28" barrels at Big 5 for $279 on sale recently. Not as cheap as some others here have got it for, but I am more than pleased for that price. The barrel combination makes for a VERY versitile gun, and it takes about 1 minute to change the barrel, so I'll leave the 18 1/2" on at home and for clays or bird hunting I'll put the 28" vent rib barrel.

A little tip to those that might be interested: I was looking into getting a mount and light for when my 500 is at home and it struck me that I might be able to use the metal clip that came with my combo that held the two barrels next to each other in the box (presumably so that cannot hit each other inside the box). Tried it last night and clipped half of the bracket to the front end of the magazine tube and clipped a small/metal 9 LED light inside the other end (the light is very close to the same diameter as the tube). Let me tell you, it works beautifully! It hold plenty tight on both the light and the tube and I find no reason to buy an accessory that will do the same thing.

It looks okay to me, but I'll admit not the greatest...but I'm genuinely interested in the function only, not making it look "tactical"

Page generated in 0.02259 seconds with 8 queries