View Single Post
Old December 9, 2009, 11:50 AM   #14
2003flht

Education... the best you can do for your kids. I, myself, have an eight yo daughter. although my guns are always locked in safe, unless they are on my person, my daughter gets educated on them and the safety of them. She knows not to touch them without my permission. She KNOWS if she is over at a friends, and there is a gun, to get away and tell a parent. Then call me so I can go kick some a$$ (kidding!).

I have an airsoft pistol that we shoot in the basement. Next summer, I plan on taking her to the range and try a 22lr for the first time. I'm going to buy those CB's (?), the ones that are excelerated my primer only. I'm sure she'll have fun!

It's always a tragedy when you hear something like this happening to a child. Most of the time, its just the plain neglegence of the parent or adult. If you have guns in the home, or relatives/friends that do... I think the best thing you can do is educate your child on the safety of firearms.....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...Wow! What a ride!"

Give a Liberal a fish, he'll ask for seconds. Teach a Liberal to fish, he'll sign up for unemployment...

Page generated in 0.02996 seconds with 8 queries