View Single Post
Old January 20, 2012, 06:43 PM   #42
ltc444

Mleake my point is that Military rules are different than civilian rules. Their authroity is not drawn from the same USC sections that normal federal enclaves operate under. I hope by my post that someone will think long and hard before they violate a post regulation and get themselves burried in a Federal Prision for an extended period of time.

In some cases the regulations they operate under are not published. If you enter a Military enclave you must obey the singage.

There is a small facility in Maryland which, should you fail to follow the posted (signs), will result in you being shot. It is marked simply, there is not a lot visible high tech survelliance. It is a simple gate and guardhouse. The only visible difference is that the gate is manned by sailors not federal security guards.

Even on an open "Post" there places were the rules change. A good example is Andrews Joint Operating Base. Most of that base is open to the public and civilian rules apply. There are also places, the demarcation lines are not distinct, which are governed strictly by Military Rules. These rules are enforced by humorless Service Members with loaded weapons and authority to shoot if compliance is not immediate and correct.

My hope by posting in the manner I have is to convey seriousness of this issue and the cost which could be incurred by someone wanting to exercise their rights inappropriately.

Page generated in 0.03463 seconds with 8 queries