Thread: Tokarev fun
View Single Post
Old June 8, 2014, 07:59 PM   #27
Doc Hoy

Back the the range with the Tokarev.....

And this time I put up the screen to retain the brass. Does a pretty good job but not perfect.

I had two types of ammunition with me. Some of the surplus stuff courtesy of one of the members of TFL forums. Thank you very much. Also took some present day Winchester along.

As I reported last time, I was getting high velocities with the surplus ammunition. I figured that Winchester bullets would be a bit tamer. Just the opposite.

While the Surplus ammo was 1420 FPS average, the Winchester stuff was right at 1470. In addition the first SD on the surplus ammunition was at 27 FPS plus and minus while the Winchester ammunition was 17 FPS plus and minus. So a good bit more consistent at least for that box.

I can hit what I m aiming at with it too. Sight picture is good for my eyes. I can keep everything inside about seven inches hand held at ten yards shooting pretty fast. As Gene Autry said about Wrigely's Gum...."I like it."

I love shooting this pistol. My original thought was to just use it occasionally and put it on the wall most of the time. But I like shooting it so much I may go ahead and reload seriously. Gonna need more brass.

Page generated in 0.02946 seconds with 8 queries