View Single Post
Old August 8, 2013, 10:22 AM   #36
SpareMag

I have read this thread with interest, and while I know very little of Colt, and have but one "experienced" Colt Agent snubby which is my wife's CCW, I did notice the lack of one element.

Overseas production.

The Turks, Yugoslavs and UAE are coming into their own as significant handgun producers.

Granted, I don't see any revolvers coming from overseas, but revolvers are more of a niche market now anyway.

So, to get to specifics: if I want a 1911, do I drop a grand on the Colt name or $500 on a Turkish clone which also goes bang?

In truth, I don't know yet, I have not decided. IN GENERAL U.S. manufacturers have not floated my boat. I have Beretta, Glocks, Sigs, Steys, Walthers, the odd, C&R CZ, one Smith and one Colt, two Rugers, the 10/22 rifle and .44mag.

Innovation I see coming from outside the U.S. -exp.: Glock's ability to make polymer a mainstream manufacturing process, Walther's trigger guard mag release, Steyr's trigger guard safety release, Steyr's trapezoidal sights and so forth.

I would love for Colt or Ruger or Smith to come out with something that makes me say "that is REALLY neat", but it has not happened to me yet.

Page generated in 0.02682 seconds with 8 queries