View Single Post
Old December 16, 2009, 07:29 AM   #95
oldman1946

Quote:

Quote:
Why do you stop shooting? You shoot until the threat has ceased.

How many hits does that take? In some of the cases recounted in The Ayoob Files, quite a number. Let's see: one is trained to fire twice quickly at center mass, reassess, and fire until the threat is stopped. That's a minimum of two per assailant. How many might it take? Consider the meth heads who cause much of the crime in a lot of places...

Do you need fifteen to feel safe? Will five suffice?
I have a lot more physical control and mental conditioning than most. Having used a sidearm three times in 38 years, I shot twice in one shooting, once in another and three times in the remaining shooting. None resulted in fatal wounds.

Accuracy is still better than capacity.

I do not need fifteen shots for anything other than certification. I carry extra ammo in the trunk of my car but it is training ammo, which is used on the range but can be used in defense. I keep a box of things the avg person will not own or know how to use. It stays in the trunk and I retrieve what I need out of it for the case I am working. There may well be 100 rounds of ammo in the box as well as 3-4 spare mags but I am not going to carry them around on my person.

Page generated in 0.02141 seconds with 8 queries