Thread: Opinions
View Single Post
Old August 10, 2001, 05:13 AM   #2
Al Thompson
Staff Alumnus

Well, there are a couple of things to consider here.

I suspect any time we look to an agency (any flavor) for guidence on equipment, we are making a heck of an assumption that the powers that be in said agency have a clue. My experiance over the last 22 years is that most do not.

Additionally, about 98% of all Americans (IMHO) are gadget freaks. It must be something in our collective national make-up that drives us that way as we are constantly seeking a hardware solution to software problems.

Most LE, military or gunshop commando choices may or may not be appropriate for you or I. The key in my opinion is to analize your mission, enemy, time, troops and terrain then decide on which hardware helps you solve the problem.

And as we gain more experiance, our choices may change. I started with a bead sighted non-ported riot gun for HD, evolved to the gadget laden Benelli M1S90 and have now worked my way back to a bead sighted non-ported riot gun for HD. Circular motion is devine....

The Vang system may indeed be a better mousetrap (tactical/reduced recoil buckshot sure is) and worthy of praise. What each of us as individuals have to decide is if that expenditure of funds would be best spent there or on a case or two of ammo and some range time...

If we all agreed on everything this board would be very boring.

Giz

Page generated in 0.02505 seconds with 8 queries