View Single Post
Old June 22, 2013, 10:54 AM   #22
snuffy

Quote:
Inertia pullers still damages hunting rounds. It bashes the lead tip down. But at least you could use them as plinking rounds versus using a puller that grabs the bullet and messing the bullet completely.
Inertial pullers do not have to damage the noses of bullets. Simply put a foam ear plug in the bottom of the puller.

""a puller that grabs the bullet"" that's called a collet puller. They often won't work on some handgun bullets, there has to be enough full-diameter side of the bullet to grip. Bullets like the 9mm FMJ have no full diameter above the edge of the case. You're only getting those out by using a hammer type puller.

Don't be afraid to hit them hard. You have to! The stored energy in the bullet caused by swinging the hammer, has to come to an abrupt stop to work. It also has to be swung hard to store enough energy to work. The heavier the bullet is, the better an inertial puller works. On the flip side, a 40 grain bullet in a .223 will take many hits to get it out

Collet types come from Hornady, the cam-lock, and RCBS which uses a threaded rod with a "T" handle on top. Both will work well for rifle with plenty of the driving surface on the sides of the bullet to grab. The Hornady is much faster and much more consistent. You DO have to have caliber specific collets for both.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02758 seconds with 8 queries