View Single Post
Old December 15, 1999, 08:24 PM   #1
Futo Inu

For those of you who like IWB holsters, but who haven't tried or won't use "tuckable" IWBs because of the reduced reaction time in clearing the shirt first, consider the following.

I personally don't like any IWBs because they're uncomfortable and my belt has to be on a different setting. So most of the time I use a paddle holster. HOWEVER, I do have a Blade-Tech UCH tuckable for a G27 for carry under particular circumstances. My point is that this holster (and I suppose all tuckables, really) are very flexible in that you don't HAVE TO actually tuck the shirt in - you can wear them with the shirt tucked completely behind the holster, just like a normal IWB. This just occurred to me the other day when I found myself in a situation where this fact came in handy. I was wearing this gun/holster combo untucked, concealed only by my normal suit jacket all morning, for maximum quick access. But then I stopped in Braum's at noon for lunch. After I got my food, I wanted to take off my jacket to sit down and eat, so I picked a spot to sit at a table so that no one was sitting anywhere to my right. Then I just removed the jacket, sat down, and in one sly movement with my right hand, untucked my shirt from behind the holster and quickly re-tucked it in the tuckable slot of the holster. From my left side, it probably just looked like I was scratching my rear end. Point is - tuckables are very flexible if you are accustomed to the discomfort of an IWB.

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited December 17, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.03249 seconds with 8 queries