View Single Post
Old January 22, 2000, 03:51 AM   #3
KaliSIG

Keifer,

I've shot an M4 with the Bushnell Holosight, but wasn't too impressed with it. Don't get me wrong, it's well made but I'd go with RECOIL's suggestion and get an Aimpoint M/XD over the Holosight. One thing to consider about the Trijicon ACOG Reflex is that the tritium light source has a lifespan of 10 years. So basically, after 10 years, you have a useless scope. Although I don't have any personal experience with the ACOG 1.5x24, I have heard good things about it. Personally, I have a US Optics SN-4 on my rifle. It's not cheap but the glass/optics are second to none. It's 1-4x variable scope. At it's highest power, the reticle is a circle with a precision dot in the middle. At it's lowest power, the dot fades within the circle. It's an extremely robust scope and excellent for fast target acquistion. But if money is a consideration, RECOIL is right in suggesting the Aimpoint M/XD. I've shot a Springfield M1A Scout with the Aimpoint. It was very impressive, but you're limiting yourself because it is only a fixed 1x power scope. And if you plan on using it for coyote hunting, you may need a variable powered scope. Hope that helps.

------------------
"No matter how deadly you may be, you must contain your art within the sphere of good motives against a background of peaceful intentions."
G.M. Ramiro U. Estalilla

Page generated in 0.03332 seconds with 8 queries