View Single Post
Old October 29, 2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Stressfire

Quote:
And what good is an unloaded gun in a console? Not much good.
Oh, I dunno. A length of rope and an all-steel 1911 would make a pretty handy flail

Quote:
(720 ILCS 5/33A‑1)
(1) "Armed with a dangerous weapon". A person is considered armed with a dangerous weapon for purposes of this Article, when he or she carries on or about his or her person or is otherwise armed with a Category I, Category II, or Category III weapon.
(2) A Category I weapon is a handgun, sawed‑off shotgun, sawed‑off rifle, any other firearm small enough to be concealed upon the person, semiautomatic firearm, or machine gun. A Category II weapon is any other rifle, shotgun, spring gun, other firearm, stun gun or taser as defined in paragraph (a) of Section 24‑1 of this Code, knife with a blade of at least 3 inches in length, dagger, dirk, switchblade knife, stiletto, axe, hatchet, or other deadly or dangerous weapon or instrument of like character. As used in this subsection (b) "semiautomatic firearm" means a repeating firearm that utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round and that requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
(3) A Category III weapon is a bludgeon, black‑jack, slungshot, sand‑bag, sand‑club, metal knuckles, billy, or other dangerous weapon of like character.
So no guns, no ASPs, no saps, no Tasers, and no large or exotic knives

However, in my non-lawyer opinion there is nothing to stop you from carrying a knife, provided that the blade is less than 3" long. Nor any law against carrying a cane or walking stick. Pepper spray is also always an option.

Page generated in 0.03578 seconds with 8 queries