View Single Post
Old October 22, 2012, 09:44 AM   #2
rodfac

Once again, Winchester 73, you've brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful old pieces, especially that Smith...easy to see the quality they built into their guns back then. And that Colt 2nd Generation is no slouch either. Well done! Now you've got to take up reloading...it'll add a whole new dimension to your hobby interests.

Son #2 has a similar S&W with the same barrel length but still chambered for .455 Eley, as I recall. An odd cartridge that one, with a funny, elongated bullet. We found dies for it, cast bullets of the appropriate size (Lyman's 454190 as I recall) and got it shooting again...groups ran about 3" at 25 yds and leading wasn't an issue. Brass was initially hard to come by...but we found Canadian CIL brand worked well.

Hope you enjoy them...Best Regards, and thanks for sharing, Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Page generated in 0.03733 seconds with 8 queries