View Single Post
Old August 13, 2012, 02:43 PM   #30
Pond, James Pond

Quote:
Your continued arguments against the American laws and way of life are as effective and entertaining as watching this puppy run himself ragged trying to catch his tail that is only one inch too short to catch...

Oh dear...

If that is all you've grasped from my posts, then you've clearly failed to understand any point I've made and more than likely you read my posts with your own preconceived notions of what was in them.

Neither entertaining, nor effective...

For your benefit: The point I have been making is that stating a case for a clear connection between a lack of gun control with low crime and a high degree of gun control with high crime is simply false.
There is more to crime levels than whether private citizens can own guns or not.
To say otherwise is absurd.
Why this point?
Because people keeping citing the UK and EU as proof that gun control doesn't work, by virtue of a simple correlation between whehter or not they have guns at home... If only social problems were that simple....

I have provided in other posts stats showing that US deaths by violence are higher than other western "gunless" nations.
I have pointed out that, despite the worlds highest private gun ownserhip levels, US crime levels are still far from low.
I have pointed out that my own country of residence has very generous gun laws by EU standards, yet probably the highest levels of violent crime in the EU.
I have repeatedly said that I disagree with UK gun control and given examples of that.
I have also repeatedly said that guns are probably only going to affect the outcome of a crime, giving the victim a more even playing field.

And yet, all you see is "arguments against the American laws and way of life".

If that is your view of me daring to suggest that perhaps guns are not the answer to crime...so be it...

Last edited by Pond, James Pond; August 13, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.02910 seconds with 8 queries