View Single Post
Old July 18, 2006, 09:28 AM   #16
pax

barnetmill ~

You sound like me. I'm a lefty (mostly), but shoot right-handed by preference -- although I've learned to shoot lefty too, as accurately and nearly as fast as I shoot righty. As one old guy was heard to remark, I'm "one o' those amphibious shooters."

The difficulty I've had with that is that I simply do not have a dominant eye. I can do the eye dominance tests all day long, and get randomly mixed results all day long. Although I worked hard at it for quite awhile, training one eye to be dominant doesn't seem to be in the cards for me. So I close one eye when I shoot and that's just the way it is.

I shoot right-handed with my right eye, and left-handed with my left eye. Have trained myself to rapidly switch eyes when I switch hands and don't really think about it much anymore.

But, apart from shooting around a barricade (in which case switching eyes makes really good sense because you expose less of yourself when you use the same eye-hand combo), I don't believe I'd try to get a "normal" person to do things that way. It's just an accomodation I've made for my own weird wiring.

pax

Page generated in 0.03650 seconds with 8 queries