View Single Post
Old March 28, 2013, 06:51 PM   #11
handlerer2

I own and have owned Vanguard,300WBY, Mdl 700,7mag, and the only similarity between the two is they are both push feed bolt actions.

The Vanguard-Howa are altogether more solid than a Mdl 700. The 700 receiver is drilled out bar stock, doesn't have a solid bolt, and has washered recoil lug, it's is IMO opinion cheap and overpriced. Thr factory target on my Vanguard is between .6-.7". I can shoot under an inch and my son can shoot .8". Not easy with 300WBY. It's instant death on Mule deer!

I sold my Rem 700 and didn't regret it at all! I now own only solidly built rifles, Weatherby MKV, Vanguard, Cooper, and a Ruger 77.

The Vanguard-Howa has a bolt machined from solid billet, handle and all. The receiver is machined from a solid billet, flat bottomed, it beds much easier, and has a solid integral recoil lug. Yes, it weighs over a pound more than a Mdl 700, but I can carry it w/o whining about a pound and a half, and I'm a 61 year old man.

If you can't handle a old fashioned solidly built rifle you can settle for cheap or get in shape, or stay on the bench. Rant over!

Last edited by handlerer2; March 28, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.02312 seconds with 8 queries