View Single Post
Old November 19, 2001, 02:28 PM   #4
SkySlash

If I did carry it, I'm not too worried about getting prosecuted or arrested because I have no prior civil or criminal record, and as a CHL holder it should be obvious to any LEO that I'm a responsible enough citizen to safely carry a knife.

If the LEO did not feel that way and arrested me for possession of a Prohibited Weapon, I am fairly sure that a judge would give me at worst, probation or deffered adjudication due to the fact that I also hold a CHL and have zero priors.

The problem with that, however, is that deferred adjudication or probation in lieu of a Class A misdemeanor means that not only do I get a criminal history, I lose my CHL for a minimum of 5 years.

I'm not really concerned with what any LEO thinks, rather I am concerned with what Texas prosecutors think as they are the demigods of fate and an arrest I can stomach, but not prosecution.

I will not risk losing my CHL just for the benefit of carrying an auto-knife. If I can confirm that it is legal to carry the knife, I'd definitely rather have the auto model than the manual.

It justs seems utterly stupid to me that the state would issue me a license to carry a firearm at my waist but they would restrict me from carrying a 3" knife because it auto-opens.

-SS
There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.

Page generated in 0.04104 seconds with 8 queries