View Single Post
Old June 11, 2012, 05:41 AM   #73
armygreen

it was a bank robber. armed yes, but not a terrorist with a bombvest. no human life was being threatened at that point in time, the actions were a gross over-reaction.

look how the the OJ "chase" was handled - and they knew he was armed.

if they thought they had a Tim McVeigh type on his way to do an OKC bombing type incident that may be different.
but a bank robber steals money , that's not human life. he wasn't trying to shoot anyone - he was trying to escape, he probably would endanger more civilians when they stop him in a crowd, than if they'd let him scoot a distance away. imo they endangered more lives, all in the hope of catching only a thief not a threat to life?

2ndly - why cuff these people? that made no sense. a road block to walk up and look inside cars while still standing outside the car, leaving occupants in their car if they didn't appear suspicious and didn't meet any description, etc. could have been okay.

i don't mind being stopped and asked some questions, in the interest of public safety.

they had way too little information (no description of perp? or car?)
and there wasn't any clear threat of mass casualties,

infact they created potential for high civilian casualties, if this were like the bankofamerica incident they just gave the uncaring shooter a ton of human shields / civilian targets / potential cars to jack / and potential hostages to take in a car.

this would've been an ineffective method even if it were in a country where it were totally legal.

what i'm also sad about is how many people accepted having weapons drawn on them, being taken out of their cars, being cuffed. but i'm beginning to lose sympathy for sheeple, if they get harmed do i need to care? am open to input, this is a question that's been on my mind lately.

Page generated in 0.03993 seconds with 8 queries