Thread: Had A Good Day!
View Single Post
Old June 17, 2006, 08:44 PM   #1
taylorce1

Had A Good Day!

I had a very good day today, there was little wind so I was able to zero my rifles today. I have a Savage 93 and a Marlin 25MN in .22 WMR. I restocked the Savage and just purchased the Marlin so I boresighted them in and then I zeroed at 83yds. I was lazy when I walked my target out wanted 100yds but when I put the rangefinder on it I was 17yds short. I was getting sub MOA so I figured that was good enough.

I decided to head out to the Prairie Dog town on my Dad's ranch with my remaining ammo 64 rounds. Couldn't have asked for better conditions the dogs were out in force. I had shots from about 5yds to 200yds, I was using what ever I could improvise for a rest. I used the hood, bed, and mirrors of the old ranch truck. I was able to hit 30 dogs with 64 rounds which is a very good day for me.

I shot everything from pups to the grand daddy of dogs today. I guess I got both my rifles shooting sub MOP-Dog which is always fun. I probably could have done better but like I said I was being lazy and left my bench at the house. I wish every Saturday could be this good!

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 8 queries