View Single Post
Old September 14, 2012, 11:04 PM   #16
willhud

Thanks for all the help and info, I have a LOT to learn. LOL!

If I follow this correctly, (Please correct me if I am wrong on anything).

It sounds like the GSG .22 is a good weapon, and also that the GSG, Sig, and (if bud's descriptions are any indication) American Tactical Imports are basically the same weapon. Is this also a good company/weapon in the .45 caliber?

The Browning 1911 .22 would probably be better made, but I can't find it in my price range. It also seems there are at least two different versions, at least one of which is actually smaller then a normal .22. so I am a but confused on that still and need to do more research. All the prices I keep seeing though are in the $500.00 to 600.00. I tried Buds, Cheaper then Dirt, Gun Broker and a couple other sites. I haven't checked the Local gun store though.

Stay away from the Chiappa... <grin> would scare me to death to start to shoot a gun and parts fall off. Is this just their .22's or all of them?

The Ruger 22/45 looks sounds really nice. Not sure about the slide/lever (not sure of the proper term) on that, it looks strange to me.

I haven't seen many .45's or 9mm's in my price range. That was another part of my original decision to go with the .22. That said, the Rock Island does have .45's and 9mm's (as you stated) in my price range, so I may consider that after renting something similar and trying it. I just have never fired a .45 or 9mm. Is Rock Island a respected manufacturer? Are there other manufacturers of the .45 or 9mm in the $400.00 price range you would recommend? I had assumed to get a quality .45 or 9mm I would have to hit at least the $800 to 1000.00 range, which for me right now isn't feasible nor do I want to spend that only to find out this is a short lived enthusiastic hobby.

I was curious about the colt... after, all, growing up Colt was as respectable a name in guns as they come. But when I saw the Umarex name in front of it, I wasn't sure.

The other brands I had seen in the .22 variety was Puma, LSI Citadel, and German Sport gun. Are there any comments about those? The Citadel even says it's the same weight as the original, but I am assuming that is unloaded.

And a special thanks for a heads up on the Guns and Ammo article. I will see if I can find a copy.

Right now, I am leaning towards the Sig .22 1911 FDE. I like the look over the standard Sig .22 1911. I think it costs about $20 to $40 more though. I held one at the local gun store and it felt nice in my hand.

Again, I really appreciate all the advice and education.

Page generated in 0.02566 seconds with 8 queries